The Activator Technique is a chiropractic technique that uses an Activator adjusting tool to treat neck and back pain, along with other health issues. The Activator is a spring-loaded handheld device that delivers a specific thrust to a specific place.
The thrust is produced by a slight, quick movement of the rubbery head of the instrument. A chiropractor can use this action to accurately manage the force given to the spine, shoulders, knees, elbows, and other joints.
Why the Activator?
Older Activators are powered by hand; contemporary Activators use electricity. Both are great therapy options.
· The Activator Technique has numerous advantages for patients: it is a low-force type of chiropractic treatment. This process can provide a much better adjustment for babies, elders, and other people who are sensitive to pressure or touch.
· If a patient tenses up often while being adjusted, an Activator adjustment may be more effective than a regular chiropractic adjustment. The Activator head's speed allows joint movement to occur before the muscles stiffen up.
· No need to twist or turn the torso or neck, which some patients, especially those with osteoporosis or people who are pregnant, find appealing, make it a comfortable choice for them. If a patient tenses up frequently while being adjusted, an Activator adjustment may be more effective than a regular chiropractic adjustment. The Activator head's speed allows joint movement to occur before the muscles stiffen up.
· The Activator's gentle force can be applied to a very tiny region, such as a single vertebra. Wrists, individual ribs, shoulder blades, and even the bones of the skull can be gently adjusted to allow for better nerve or fluid flow.
· When used to treat temporomandibular joint disorders (TMD), spine, neurological diseases, or inflammation, stiffness, and discomfort in any of the limbs, the Activator is helpful.
The Activator Technique is well-known and well-studied. Not every chiropractor has been taught how to utilise it. Chiropractors who frequently utilise this approach have typically taken further training in its application.
How Does the Activator Method Work?
The Activator Method Chiropractic Technique is a type of manipulation. A spring-loaded mechanical device called the Activator Adjusting Instrument delivers a fast, low-force impulse to specific places.
An Activator Adjusting instrument-assisted therapy has two benefits. The first is based on the rate of the device. Because the tool is so fast, the body's muscles have fewer chances of becoming stressed in response to and tolerate the treatment. The lack of muscle resistance may let the therapy work more effectively.
An assessment of apparent leg length could be carried out. This test is developed on the idea that disparities in leg length can tell where there are vertebral misalignments in the spine. This type of test is divisive, and there is little data to back up this part of the technique.
The test procedure may or may not be used by Activator Method practitioners. Some chiropractors utilise the Activator Adjustment Instrument is solely based on their physical exam findings.
Is the Activator Technique the Right Chiropractic Treatment for You?
If you've ever had a chiropractic adjustment, the Activator instrument may be the most comfortable one you've ever had.
If you're new to this field of healing, you may be surprised at how much better nerve flow, healing fluid flow, and overall well-being can be seen after an adjustment with this instrument.
It is a low-force, delicate way of adjustment. If you're already in pain or have inflammation in your back or joints, the Activator instrument can help you get relief without exacerbating it. Regular nerve flow patterns can be re-established with gentle and accurate application of modest but fast movements. It means that tension can eventually dissipate so that healing can happen more quickly.
Benefits of the Activator Method
There's a good reason why the activator instrument has been around for so long. It's a highly effective strategy. Some of the advantages are as follows:
1. It is easy on the joints and spine. It is appropriate for people who need milder approaches. They might be pregnant ladies, osteoporosis patients, and arthritis patients. The activator approach can be used with these disorders since they weaken the joints and bones.
2. It can be used to treat various ailments, including TMJ disorder and neurological disorders.
3. It is specific and can restore mobility to the required location. In comparison to traditional treatments, it is also helpful to reduce inflammation and stiffness in the joints.
4. It is helpful to treat children and older adults. The process is suitable for treating teenagers and the elderly because it is painless.
5. Over time, the treatment can lead to more stable joints. It is because the activator adjustment tool cures the joints quickly without producing tight muscles. It will retrain the joints and ligaments, causing them to move more freely.
With professional chiropractors guiding you every step of the way, special exercises, and an excellent mechanism for follow-ups, Falcon Health is the best place you can be that yields successful results. Book an appointment today!